Barcodes QR Codes and Scannable Labels
A growing trend is the use of scannable labels on individual produce items. Sinclair has extensive experience in printing barcode labels.
- Barcodes can improve category management - controlling shrink and improving traceability.
- Scannable codes improve speed through the check-out, product accuracy and pricing.
- The Databar code is roughly half the size of an EAN code.
- DataBar™ is the name given to this stacked form of code by GS1. Its former name was Reduced Space Symbology (RSS). See Getting Started with Databar
More and more QR (Quick Reference or 2 Dimensional) codes are popping up in advertisements, product displays, packaging and now produce labels!
- QR codes can be scanned with a smartphone to link to a webpage.
- QR codes are perfect for consumer-based promotions (coupons), contests and providing additional information on your product.
- QR codes can fit on a variety of Sinclair label shapes and sizes.
- QR codes are not scannable at retail--- they are not considered to be interchangeable with other retail oriented codes such as the DataBar or EAN.
Require more information?