Enviro Pac™ products are manufactured from materials whose origin can be traced back to nature. They are a by-product of sustainable agricultural processes; palm fibre pulp extracted in a chemical free process from empty fruit bunches (EFB).
All Enviro Pac™ products are compostable and when used for packaging they reduce the impact on the environment and the demand for landfill capacity.
Not only do our Enviro Pac™ products contribute to the reduction of packaging waste in landfills, they also contribute to the reduction of palm agro-fibre waste. As such, we design durable, safe, and cost-competitive packaging to meet the needs of growers, food packers, retailers and consumers, while protecting the natural world that sustains us.
Enviro Pac™ packaging is made from a natural and renewable resource, adds value throughout its useful life, and decomposes in the home compost within 90 days, returning to the earth as a healthy, nutritious contribution to the soil.
About Enviro Pac™
- Latest technology manufacture BRC9001 / ISO2008
- Natural: free of bleach, dyes and chemicals
- Certified compostable EN 13432/ASTM D6400/D6868
- Passed rigorous testing by German-based ISEGA
- FDA Certified, Food Grade Packaging
- Water and grease resistant
- Long fibre strands add to tensile strength, producing strong, durable packaging
- Award-winning: 2012 United Fresh Produce Award for ‘Best Packaging’
- Variety of shapes, sizes and applications for fresh fruits and vegetables
- Will naturally biodegrade in backyard, community, or industrial compost
- One colour choice: natural to compliment your natural products
Composting Enviro Pac™ is Easy
Composting is the controlled biological break-down of organic matter (such as food scraps, yard trimmings and Enviro Pac™ Packaging) into a humus or soil-like material, which is used as a natural fertiliser to improve soil structure. Disposing of Enviro Pac™ is easy! Simply throw it into your backyard or balcony composter, include it in curb-side collection programs for organic waste, or return it to managed compost facilities. Also, if you compost at home, cut or tear the packaging into smaller pieces, in the same way you would pulpy food scraps like grapefruit rinds and banana peels, so that it will break down faster.
Plastic Free Netting
Combining the highest standards of freshness with respect for the environment. At last a revolutionary fibre based sustainable tube netting packaging solution that replaces traditional PP plastic net tubing. Packnatur® is made from wood fibre and is compositable (both home and industrial), which provides a truly biodegradable packaging solution for your fruit and produce.
Compostable Film and Eco-friendly Flow Wrap
Specifically formulated to provide improved stiffness and performance in chilled cabinet environment, with heat sealing coating on both sides. Our films are certified both industrial and home compositable and based on renewable sustainable resources.
- Semi permeable to provide good anti fog properties
- Excellent transparency
- High barrier to aromas and gases
- Resistant to oils and greases