Learn more about our Eco-Friendly Food Packaging
Our range of eco-friendly produce packaging is designed to help New Zealand’s fruit and vegetable industry meet the growing demand for sustainably packaged alternatives in supermarket shopping aisles.
We know protecting your produce on its journey to store shelves remains a top priority, which is why our environmentally friendly retail packaging provides optimal packaging performance for all varieties of fresh produce minus the environmental impact. It’s never been easier to make the switch!
Jenkins’ range of environmentally friendly packaging options include:
- Strong, compostable Enviro Pac™ produce packaging made from natural resources. Enviro Pac™ breaks down in backyard compost within 90 days, working as a natural fertiliser to improve soil structure.
- Packnatur® plastic-free tube netting which provides high-quality freshness. Made from compostable wood fibre, this fully biodegradable packaging solution will break down in your home compost.
- High-performing compostable film and eco-friendly flow wrap seal in freshness while nurturing the environment. Certified for both industrial and domestic composts, compostable film outshines traditional wraps in quality and sustainability.
- Fully recyclable and food safe R-PET trays, punnets, and clam shells made from 100% recycled or virgin PET. Our R-PET range is made from recovered end-of-life plastics, which dramatically reduces its environmental impact.
- Flat and tubular extruded netting gives fresh produce maximum breathability and support. Our netting solutions can be dropped in the Love NZ Soft Plastics Recycling bins at supermarkets.
- Cardboard cartons which provide a fully customisable, stylish and eco-friendly packaging solution. With enhanced branding capabilities, cardboard packaging showcases your fresh produce while retaining optimum freshness.
- 100% plastic-free paperlock packaging made from recyclable wood pulp sourced from sustainable forests. Customise your paper packaging and print up to eight colours for an enhanced shelf display.