Fruit labels are a cost-effective way of identifying and branding produce for a number of purposes.
- Brand - marketing or producer group labels attached to produce re-enforce brand identity and maximize brand recognition to the consumer.
- Country/Region of Origin - included as part of a brand, or to meet mandatory or protected region of origin requirements.
- Variety/PLU - Price Look Up labels are used widely for varietal identification at the retail check-out.
- Barcode labels for individual produce increase accuracy and efficiency at check-out, particularly with the introduction of DataBar™.
- Food Safety – all Sinclair labels are FDA/EU food contact compliant – promote safe food with your customers
- Promotional - labels can be used to cross-reference other complementary products.
- Eating quality - labels can carry consumer information on sweetness, ripeness or taste.
Following the US trend, over 80% of produce labels are being supplied with Databar. Retailers closer to home are looking seriously at moving towards the Databar label format.
The leading two Australian retailers are engaged with produce suppliers, and locally we have some avocado and kiwifruit exporters, regarding changing their label designs over to the stacked barcode format called Databar.
Require more information?